Inquest opens after woman, 24, killed in Cheshire van crash
Two men were arrested following the fatal smash
An inquest has been opened into the death of a 24-year-old woman killed in a crash in Cheshire. Sukhanpreet Kaur was the passenger in a van when it was involved in a collision.
Sadly, Sukhanpreet - of Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent - died at the scene of the smash on Barton Road, in Barton, at around 5.50am on February 14. Two men, both of Burslem, were arrested after the collision and have been bailed as a police investigation continues.
An inquest into Sukhanpreet's death has now been opened during a hearing at Cheshire Coroners Court in Warrington. The inquest was subsequently suspended due to the ongoing police investigation.
The next hearing is scheduled for December 16. Last month, Sukhanpreet's heartbroken family paid tribute to her. In a statement, they said: "Your love was the light that guided us, and your kindness left an imprint on every life you touched. Thank you for the memories that we will cherish forever.
"You are gone from our sight, but never from our hearts. It feels impossible to say goodbye to someone with so much life still left to live. Rest in peace. Thank you for the beautiful memories and the light you brought into our lives. You will be deeply missed."
A 27-year-old man and a 21-year-old man arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving have been released on bail. A spokesperson for the Cheshire force said last month: "Officers are continuing to appeal for anyone with information or dashcam footage from around the time of the collision to come forward."
Witnesses should call 101 and quote IML-2270726.
