Oops.

Our website is temporarily unavailable in your location.

We are working hard to get it back online.

PRIVACY
News

Message issued to parents after Ellesmere Port schoolgirl 'approached by man'

Police are investigating

Aerial view of Newham Drive and surrounding streets in Ellesmere Port(Image: Google)

Police are investigating following reports an Ellesmere Port schoolgirl was approached by an unknown man. An email was sent to parents of Whitby High School yesterday (Tuesday, March 16) about the incident.

In the message, headteacher Geraldine Fraser said: "I want to make you aware that an incident has been reported to the police involving a male adult asking one of our senior students to get into his car. This occurred on the way to school on Friday near the Asda Supercentre supermarket. Further details have been shared directly with the police, who are now investigating."

A spokesperson for Cheshire Police told the ECHO that officers were called to reports of suspicious activity at 9.40am on Friday, March 13. The caller reported that a 16 year-old girl had been walking in Newham Drive shortly after 8am when a grey Audi stopped at the side of the road and offered the girl a lift.

The girl refused and the man drove off from the scene. The man did not exit the car. Enquiries are ongoing and anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting IML 2287869.

Whitby High School was approached for comment.

Sign up for CheshireLive email direct to your inbox here